Saturday 8 February 2014

Terrible turned Terrific Tuesday

2/4/14
Caribbean Night was SO fun last night.  The boys said that yesterday was their favorite day! Super fun stilt walkers called "Mombo Jumbies," dancing on the patio dance floor, then fire dancers.  Dinner was fantastic- buffet, but quick, and a great selection.  I alone had: mahi, ribs, fried chicken, caribbean rice, mac and cheese, cole slaw, etc.  We even limboed on the beach after.  It was packed- a very full house!  A big beach party!



 Blogging/journaling before heading to dinner~


 You could dance with them and give them dollar bills~




 Starting to dance~




 Lots of "getting down" on the dance floor!







 Limbo, Mon!

Today, we had our roughest start.  We went to leave and realized we needed cash- had forgotten to do another ATM run, so we stopped at the first ATM- and...it was "out of money."  The second place we stopped at?  ATM was also out of money!  We had to get to a 10am scuba lesson at Cane Bay, but I needed $ as I was going to be sitting on the beach with L and C for a few hours while M and E were doing their lesson.  So, we had to turn back around to the resort so I could get my ID and debit card out of the safe.  We made it to Cane Bay in time, still- phew!

When we pulled up, I thought it might only be so-so, and thought it might be hard to stay entertained there, but I was wrong.  The waves seemed calmer than at other places, but still rough, so I was keeping a close eye on the boys as they waded, collecting tons of sea glass.   Then, Logan yelled, "Octopus!"  He almost stepped on an octopus that was swimming near the shore! (Or just dead, floating in and out with the current, which was more likely, since they're generally nocturnal.) The lady that happened to be walking by was so happy he pointed it out, because she got to see it, too.  Cam did as well, but I missed it.

After that, I decided to check out the snorkeling myself (I was hoping to see that octopus), to test the current.  I was surprised!  It was pretty mild, and stayed semi-shallow for quite a ways out, so it made me feel much more comfy about L and C out there.  Sure enough, the had their masks on and snorkeled happily for most of the time- the calmer water helped Cam really enjoy the experience.  I could have snorkeled all day there.  (As a matter of fact, we are going to return tomorrow with our life jackets and fins, etc.)

I was nervous for M and E- they finally showed up at the beach about 1.5 hours after we got there.  They had to watch a video, fill out forms, get fitted, and do lesson time in a pool, first.  I could see nerves on E's face as they walked with effort into the water.  Mark told me that the tanks on their backs were HEAVY.  Watching them go further and further out, until they disappeared below the surface, was slightly internally rattling.  I was so relieved when they re-surfaced from under the ocean an hour later! They dove down 27 feet!  And E got to sit on some ship wreckage down at the bottom, too.  They loved it, even though it was nerve-wracking for both of them at first, they said.  Mark said he wished he had brought the underwater camera, because he said the sea life was awesome.  He wants to take some tests and do a few more dives so that he can officially become "Open Water Certified" in scuba.

PS: a family was doing a tour on horses- brought the animals right up into the water.  Fun to watch!  Thank you, Lord!
PPS: Mark is dozing, I was napping a bit myself a bit ago, out here on the patio, and the boys are watching tv/playing devices/napping.  We are sun-kissed and happy, and sleepy today.  I actually have a nervous belly- guess which girl is going to go out into the ocean in the pitch dark tonight?!  Yup. It's my turn to try the night snorkel.   EEEEEKKKK!!!!

















 The three heads getting smaller and smaller as they went out:





 SO RELIEVED!  Way to go, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment